New Android Malware
Dubbed KevDroid, the malware is a remote administration tool (RAT) designed to steal sensitive information from compromised Android devices, as well as capable of recording phone calls.
The most recent variant of KevDroid malware, detected in March this year, has the following capabilities:
- record phone calls & audio
- steal web history and files
- gain root access
- steal call logs, SMS, emails
- collect device' location at every 10 seconds
- collect a list of installed applications
Android users are advised to regularly cross-check apps installed on their devices to find and remove if any malicious/unknown/unnecessary app is there in the list without your knowledge or consent.
Further help and hints on keeping your Android device safe can be found at The Hacker News website.